Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stream of Consciousness

Sometimes a friend of mine who also keeps a blog (much more regularly than I do!) will write in a stream of consciousness.  I thought I'd try it out.

I love sitting by a big window with a great view and lots of sunshine coming in.  Even with the chill outside, the sun makes everything warmer and brighter.  It definitely is a mood-booster!

This afternoon I sat down determined to accomplish three things:  finish editing my brochure, determine the current list of people I need to contact and make sure I have all of their contact information, and fill out a short term mission application.

How often do temporal things take my mind off the eternal?  I get so distracted by this life.  I want Jesus to come back.

I've been stubborn lately.  Prideful.  Self-centered.  But God lifts my eyes back to the cross.  Back to the One who died for my stubborness and pride and self-centeredness.  It's not about me.  It's about what He's done for me.  Thank you, Jesus.  Precious Jesus.

I don't understand you.  I can't comprehend you.  Often you seem disappointed in me.  I feel like I'm letting you down.  When do I go out of my comfort zone for you?  Why am I so fearful?

But you are well please in me.  Because of what you have done for me.  I am your child.  I can add nothing to my own righteousness or improve how you see me.  You see everything.  Jesus plus nothing.  The gospel plus nothing.  It is finished.

You make beautiful things.  You make beautiful things out of dust.  You make beautiful things out of us.  You make beauty out of ashes.  And you're making me new.  Every day.

Lord, help me to do what I need to do today.  I can't do it on my own. 

No comments: