Friday, May 1, 2009

It's the Little Things in Life

After I got out of work today around 2:30 I dilly-dallied a bit before taking a beautiful walk home. The temperature was perfectly mild, with plenty of blue sky and sunshine streaming down on me. When I got home I caught up on The Office episodes of the past couple weeks. These simple things put me at such ease. It doesn't take much to make me happy, so I love to soak in the little things. A bit later in the evening as I was contemplating the homework that I had for this evening, I felt energized enough to go on a run so I could enjoy the sunset and weather before the day was done. Eventually I found myself on a very secluded nature trail and it was as if God was embracing me between the shoreline and the low-hanging branches. So glorious. I felt so good - so rejuvenated - I didn't want to stop running. For two splendid hours I ran, and prayed, and sang to myself!
Hopefully one day I'll run a marathon :)

If you would like to know how you can be praying specifically for me and for the students that will be coming on the Milwaukee summer project, here are a few ideas:
-Support raising (While I have my support fully raised, many of the students are just beginning to send out their letters. We have a big God. Pray that people would give generously to the students)
-Safety (The inner-city of Milwaukee, or any city for that matter, does have its dangers. Please pray for the residents in the city who experience the most victimization of crime, and also for the students and staff who will be living in this area)
-Open hearts (Going into the inner-city, students may think that they have a superiority to them because they are coming to help. An open heart will let students see the city with God's eyes and will humble them to learn that it will be the city that changes them)
-Unity! (A bunch of strangers coming together can be awkward and difficult at times, but we are called to be unified in Christ)
Thank you all so much!

No comments: