Friday, May 29, 2009

In Milwaukee!

So, I arrived in Milwaukee around 3:00 and settled into my room. Since I packed so efficiently, unpacking was quite easy. There is a staff welcome dinner at 5:00 - Speed Queen BBQ!
Admittedly, it's a strange feeling to be back in this place that is so familiar to me from last summer. I have mixed emotions of excitement, nervousness, and exhaustion. Please be praying that the Lord will humble me in my time here. I am so prone to pridefulness that I have actually seen the negative affects it reaps in my relationships with others. My time in Milwaukee is God's time and I want to be able to serve both the students and staff members with a grateful and humble heart.
Thank you all so very, very much for all of your support and prayers. I really cannot say it enough. The Lord certainly answers prayer and multiplies the small offerings of our lives. Without all of you, I would not be able to serve in Milwaukee this summer. I appreciate every one of you!
I will have more to write later, but I wanted you to know that Summer In The City-Milwaukee 2009 has officially begun :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already - (i'll give this French thing a shot) -ma petite crevette - how'd I do? Your loving mama