Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Here's Life Senior Year

So, here it is. My last year - last semester - of college. I gotta say, it's been busy. Obviously - considering I haven't posted since September! And it's already November... oh boy.

Well, I honestly dislike giving laundry lists of the things that I have been up to. I'd rather talk on the phone (or even better, in person!) if you'd be interested in such things. :) No, my vision for this blog is to be an outlet for my thoughts, dreams, failures, hopes and prayers.

In just 2 1/2 weeks I will be leaving for a large communist country in East Asia. I am going with 14 other students for a week on a vision trip that will hopefully open my eyes further to what God's plan is for me and for His people around the world. I'm at the moment considering, along with a couple of other opportunities, spending a year in East Asia after I graduate.

You know, I know that wherever I end up, God is going to use me and help me grow in wonderful and unexpected ways. Sometimes I find myself just laughing at how worked up I can get over details of the future. It's all in His hands. I know that when all is said and done, I get to spend eternity with my savior. For the space in between, my goal is to love the way He does and to bring Him glory. It's going to be so fun. And really hard. But how could I live my life any differently and find satisfaction? Answer: I can't.

So... here I go. I'm diving in... dive with me :)


On a quite unrelated note, but under the category of recent events... this is my new buddy Nathaniel. Simply amazing. Holding a baby is like physically holding God's grace. I highly recommend it.

No comments: