Friday, March 6, 2009

Seeking the Lord

Tonight I heard three successful businessmen talk about how they live out their faith in the marketplace and how living as a Christ-follower can be challenging, but incredibly rewarding. One thing that struck me the most is their advice to not rush to the next thing; the next semester, graduation, first job, marriage... to just be constantly seeking the Lord and resting in His plan. He's got big things for me, but I do find myself just wishing that I was out of school already and doing what I'm "really made for." But the fact of the matter is, I'm really made for right now. I'm not promised anything else. I may not wake up tomorrow morning. And so I seek the Lord. Right now. And every moment; when I sit and when I run, when I eat and when I work. Whenever, wherever I am in this world. I will be thankful and I will not rush through the best days of my life. For each day, I am determined, will be the best day of my life.
I will cross each bridge as it comes. :)

No comments: